Supergovernor gives useful suggestions on how to make the best use of video resources for developing a learning culture in your Governing Body. Here are links to two videos originally from Teachers’ TV. There is a series of programmes, on a variety of topics, specifically for school governors, called, not surprisingly, …. Just for Governors.
A website offering parent-focussed videos and guidance on behaviour, learning and wellbeing is Parent Channel TV. It contains some useful resources for Governors. Committees with responsibility for reviewing Safeguarding (and e-safety) may be interested in the 4 minute programme on Social Networking.
I have found two programmes on Just for Governors that relate to meetings. (See links below) At only fifteen minutes long and freely accessible, they are worth a quick check. Some of the advice is fairly self-evident but might focus everyone on the need to keep to time and to the agenda.
Click here to access: Making Meetings Fun and Meeting Top Tips (link to be added soon)
Teachers’ TV original terms and Conditions, which will probably apply to the new providers:
This video (“Work”) is made available to you under the Creative Archive Licence for:
- Personal non-commercial educational use in the United Kingdom only
- You may alter edit or modify the video in any way and create derivative works from the Work;
- You may make copies of the Work or derivative works or store any copies of the Work or derivative works;
- You may distribute the Work or any derivative works on a non commercial basis to or within educational establishments in the United Kingdom only.
You must not:
- Sell the Work or any derivative work;
- Alter edit modify or use the Work in any way which may be illegal, derogatory or otherwise offensive or in a way which may bring us in to disrepute;
- Distribute the Work outside of educational establishments.